Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Prognostication

So we've got one week until the big game. Super Sunday. The day that football fans dread - unless their team is playing - as it signals the end of another nfl season. I think my wife is probably dancing with glee knowing that Sundays are now free of pigskin distraction.
So Coach Bill used to be the head coach for my beloved Brownies. Frankly, I couldn't stand his deadpan personality then and I don't think I can stand it anymore now. I do have the give the man credit. Yes, I know, he cheated, but honestly - the man has put together a fine season. Consider the fact that they (the Patriots) have garnered as much attention (both positive and negative) as an old school circus coming to town; essentially playing an entire season with bulls eyes on their backs. I just have to admit that it has been an impressive season...
However, I am not rooting for the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I find the Giants a more compelling team to root for. I like the underdawgs. I like the fact that the Giants took on the Patriots head on in the last week of the season and went toe to toe.
I'm hoping it is a highly competitive game - much like the week 17 matchup. My prognostication is Giants 38 - Patriots 31. I may change my mind in the next few days...but that's the score I'm feeling right now. It may be right, it may be wrong. But hey...it's Just a Rough Draft.

No comments: